Otto Insurance Review : Does It Actually Offer Insurance? | FinanceBuzz
When searching for auto insurance online, you may come across Otto Insurance. Before going through the quoting process with Otto, you should be aware that Otto is not an insurance company. is a lead generation site.
- How Much Do Car Insurance Rates Go Up After A Speeding Ticket? – Forbes Advisor
- How Much does Car Insurance Go Up After an Accident in New York? | Friedman & Simon
- Is It Too Late to Buy Novavax Stock? | The Motley Fool
- Giving birth costs nearly 3,000 with insurance, new study says | PBS NewsHour
- The Walt Disney Company Reports Second Quarter and Six Months Earnings for Fiscal 2022 – The Walt Disney Company
that means that once you provide your information, otto shares it with their marketing partners. Its partners include major insurance providers such as Progressive, Geico, State Farm, and Allstate. its list of partners also includes regional operators and other marketing companies.
Reading: How good is otto insurance
In other words, if you submit a quote request online, you may receive a lot of phone calls, text messages, and emails. Getting multiple quotes might be helpful in finding the best rate on auto insurance, but otto may not be the best option for doing so.
otto sure: is it worth it?
- easy to use
- free to use
- connects you to thousands of affiliates
- offers auto, pet, home and life insurance quotes
- not an insurance company
- little information about the company is available
- does not quote prices
- shares your information with insurance agents, so you may get a lot of calls and emails
- you can’t choose which companies you want rates from
- Liability Coverage – Most states require all drivers to carry a minimum level of bodily injury liability and property damage liability that will help cover injuries and damages to another driver if you have an accident. and was found to be at fault.
- Collision: This helps cover damage to your vehicle if you are in an accident with another car or an object such as a fence or utility pole. Collision insurance helps pay to repair or replace your vehicle no matter who was at fault for the accident.
- Comprehensive: This coverage helps pay to repair or replace your car if it’s damaged in something other than a collision. Covered incidents can be vandalism, fire, water damage, theft, and accidents involving animals such as deer.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): If you are in an accident, PIP insurance helps cover your medical bills, lost wages, or funeral expenses, regardless of who was at fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This coverage helps protect you if you are in an accident with someone who has little or no auto insurance.
- Medical Expenses: This coverage is a backup to your health insurance coverage to help cover your medical bills if you have an accident.
- Guaranteed (gap) auto protection insurance: If you are still financing your car and you have an accident, this coverage pays the difference between the current value of the car and the original amount of your car loan .
- rental reimbursement: When your car is damaged in an accident, this coverage will reimburse you up to the policy maximum if you need to rent a car while yours is being repaired.
- roadside assistance and towing: This coverage is helpful if your car’s battery dies, you get a flat tire, or you leave your keys in the car.
- Non-owners Insurance: Covers any property damage or injuries you cause while driving a car you don’t own, such as a rental car or if you borrow a friend’s car.
- pet insurance.
- home insurance.
- life insurance.
- automatic payments: Many insurers will give you a discount on your auto insurance premiums if you set up automatic payments from your checking account or credit card.
- Defensive Driving: You can get this discount by taking a certified defensive driving course.
- distant student: You may qualify for this discount if you have a full-time student who does not use their car while at school.
- good student: Many insurers offer discounts for full-time students who maintain a B average or higher in school.
- Homeowners: You may be eligible for a discount just for owning a home, regardless of whether your homeowners insurance is with the same insurer.
- multiple cars: You could save money if you have multiple vehicles that you need to insure and put them on the same policy.
- multiple policy: You can get a discount by combining your auto insurance with other insurance policies, like homeowners or renters insurance.
- pay in full: Your premiums may cost less if you pay up front for six months to a year instead of paying monthly.
- safe driver: If you have had no traffic tickets or accidents in the last three years, you may qualify for a safe driver discount. Some insurers also offer discounts for drivers who use a special device or mobile app that monitors their driving habits.
- the year, make, model and equipment of your vehicle.
- if you want to add a second vehicle.
- if you have had car insurance in the last 30 days.
- who currently handles your auto insurance.
- your gender.
- your marital status.
- your credit score.
- whether you own or rent your home.
- if you would like to receive quotes on renters/homeowners insurance policies? (for package options).
- your date of birth.
- the number of drivers in your household.
- your name.
- your email.
- your address.
- your phone number.
what is otto insurance?
On the otto insurance website, the company claims to help you get car insurance rates in seconds for free. The company works with an extensive network of national, regional carriers and individual agents to bring you the best car insurance premiums available.
Is otto insurance legitimate?
while otto is a legitimate company, it is not an insurance company. is a lead generation site that connects consumers with insurance agencies and carriers. The company says it offers car insurance rates along with pet, home and life insurance quotes. It is based in Miami Beach, Florida.
There is not much information available on when otto insurance was founded. According to CrunchBase, the company’s owner and CEO is Joshua Keller. Keller’s LinkedIn profile shows that he is an entrepreneur responsible for establishing several companies, including Union Square Media Group, the parent company of Otto Insurance.
the otto insurance website receives more than 1.7 million visitors a month, according to crunchbase.
Because Otto Insurance is not an insurance company, it does not have an Am Best financial strength rating. also does not appear in j.d. power ratings from auto insurance companies for the same reason. nor does it have a better current business bureau profile.
If you go through the otto listing process, be prepared for a lot of phone calls. Most of the negative customer reviews of Otto Insurance online refer to consumers receiving multiple calls, emails, and text messages after requesting a quote on the Otto Insurance website.
what insurance does otto insurance offer?
Since otto insurance is not actually an insurance company, it does not offer insurance coverage products. however, the company claims to work with more than 1,000 affiliated insurance companies that offer different types of auto insurance coverage, such as:
See also : Additional Interest vs. Additional Insured | Bankrate
The Otto Insurance website also allows you to get quotes on other types of insurance:
although the combination is not available on the site, it may be available with the associated insurance company that recommends otto insurance. During the quote process, you will be asked if you are interested in combining your auto insurance with your home or renters insurance. Your answer may take into account the insurance company Otto recommends.
otto insurance: how cheap is it?
otto’s website says you can find car insurance for as little as $19 a month, but this is hard to validate because you’re never quoted a price when you go through the quote process. Instead, you are redirected to a recommended insurance company’s website where you need to fill in more information, some otto duplicates, to get an actual quoted price.
how to find discounts
Whether you get a quote through Otto or another company, one of the best ways to save money on your auto insurance plan is to ask about possible discounts.
Available auto insurance discounts may include:
how to maximize savings
There are several things you can do to maximize your auto insurance savings. To get a better policy premium, you could:
improve your credit score
Your credit score could affect how much you have to pay for auto insurance. Insurance companies consider drivers with low credit scores to be at higher risk of filing a claim. There are only three states (California, Hawaii, and Massachusetts) that prohibit insurers from using your credit score as a factor in determining your rate. If you live somewhere else, you may want to work towards a credit score of 700 or higher to save money on car insurance.
drive a different car
The type of car you drive also affects the amount you’ll be charged for auto insurance. That Tesla may impress your friends, but it’ll cost you more for insurance than a run-of-the-mill sedan. Expensive cars like a Porsche, BMW or Lexus may cost more to insure because they are more likely to be stolen.
You could also save money on car insurance by driving an older car or one that’s equipped with safety features like air bags and anti-lock brakes.
keep a clean driving record
The fewer traffic tickets and accidents you have, the better when it comes to getting low-cost auto insurance. Insurance companies consider drivers who have many tickets or claims to be higher risk, which means those drivers have to pay higher premiums. Auto insurance premiums typically increase by 49% after an accident.
Insurance companies charge significantly different rates for the same level of auto insurance coverage. so it is important to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies. this is where otto insurance can come in handy.
how to get an insurance quote from otto insurance
See also : California Insurance License Requirements – Life, Property & Casualty
Begin the process of getting auto insurance quotes through Otto Insurance by going to the website and entering your zip code. The platform will then guide you through various questions to help you find the best auto insurance company for your needs.
The questions you will be asked include:
after entering your information, you’ll see a button to click that says “get your free quote.” Below that button is a long paragraph of text.
Among other things, by clicking the button, you consent to the sharing of your information with otto insurance’s marketing partners and their affiliates, and their communication with you by email, phone or text message. also notes that you can get a free estimate without giving this consent by calling 888-804-5641. You can revoke your consent by visiting the otto insurance privacy page and submitting a deletion request.
After you finish the process and enter all your information, the website will take a minute to think and then declare the “winning” insurance company that best suits your needs. however, the system does not provide any details about the rates. Instead, it just provides you with a link to the recommended insurance company’s website, where you’ll need to enter the same information you just entered to get an actual quote on car insurance premiums.
In other words, it’s not a quote comparison tool where you get multiple quotes at once. instead, insurance and marketing companies contact you and get quotes from each company.
otto insurance frequently asked questions
hartford insurance is a real insurance company, while otto insurance is not an insurance company. Otto Insurance is a lead generation website that partners with insurance and marketing companies.
There is no cost to obtain a quote through otto insurance.
If you’re looking for auto insurance, you’re probably better off doing your own research rather than using a lead generation website like Otto Insurance. The results of Otto’s insurance quote process only provided us with an insurance company recommendation and the system did not display any premium rates for comparison. instead, we were redirected to the insurer’s website, where we would have had to re-enter all of our information.
Another downside to using a lead generation site like otto insurance is that the site shares your information and you may receive numerous calls, emails and texts from companies. For a better experience, consider using our list of the best auto insurance companies.
financebuzz investigates a number of factors in each auto insurance provider to create our reviews. These factors include costs and discounts, customer satisfaction and complaints, coverage, and ease of use. We also collect information from sources such as j.d. power, am best, the national association of insurance commissioners (naic), and the bureau of better business to ensure we provide the most useful information to our readers