Like many other major grocery retailers, Walmart hosts Coinstar kiosks that allow customers to exchange large amounts of loose change for instant cash.
how much does the coin machine at walmart charge?
coinstar kiosks charge an 11.9% processing fee to customers who wish to receive cash.
However, to avoid this fee, you can choose to receive your money in the form of a Coinstar eGift Card.
If you would like to take advantage of the free gift card option, you can choose a gift card from one of the following retailers:
- outback steakhouse
- home depot
- and more!
how to avoid the coinstar machine fee at walmart?
The easiest way to avoid being charged at any Coinstar machine is to accept your funds in the form of an eGift Card from any of Coinstar’s partner retailers.
You can also avoid these fees by taking your coins to your bank. however, banks do not accept loose change, so you will need to sort and roll your coins before exchanging them for cash at your bank.
how does the walmart coin machine work?
using a coinstar automatic coin machine is very easy and honestly a lot of fun. the machine comes equipped with a wide metal tray where you gradually pour loose change. the tray has a handle where you can lift the tray and start pouring the coins through a thin slot in the machine.
As coins are fed into the machine, they are mechanically sorted and counted. On the digital display, you will be able to see your change amount tally as the machine counts.
once you’ve dumped all your change, it will take a few seconds for the machine to catch up. you’ll be able to hear the machine sorting your coins, and when the sorting noise stops, the machine will ask if you have more change to add.
When you’re done, follow the prompts on the screen to select the option you prefer to receive your funds.
how do you use the coin machine at walmart?
To use a coinstar machine, follow these simple steps:
- bring your loose change to your local walmart
- locate the coinstar machine inside the store
- use the digital touch screen to select how you would like to receive your money ( you will be given three options: cash, gift card, or donation)
- when prompted, start pouring your coins into the machine using the lift-up metal tray below the screen (make sure you nothing but coins enter the machine)
- when you have finished pouring all your coins, press “done” on the touch screen
- check the coin return tray near the bottom of the machine to retrieve coins that were not accepted by the machine
- it will probably take a few seconds for the machine to catch up and complete its counting process
- when the process is complete, the screen will ask if you have ever used a coinstar machine (you can select yes or no)
- if you chose to re If you receive cash, the machine will print a paper coupon that you then don’t need to go to a walmart register to request your cash from an employee
- if you requested an eGift card, the machine will print a card paper electronic gift card that contains your gift card code that can be used both in-store and online to any retailer you’ve selected
If you are looking for a more detailed explanation of how to use a coinstar machine, check out this handy youtube tutorial.
frequently asked questions
is there a coin counter at walmart?
yes. coinstar machines can be found at the vast majority of walmart locations across the country.
Where can I exchange my coins for free?
if you throw your coins in, you can exchange them for free wherever you bank. you can buy coin machines at walmart here.
Where can I exchange coins for cash?
Coinstar machines are a popular method of exchanging loose change for cash, and these machines can be found in most Walmart stores, as well as many grocery stores and other large retailers.
Which supermarkets have a coin machine?
coinstar machines are available at cvs, alberston’s, walmart, home depot and more. To find a coinstar location near you, click here.
Getting your coins cashed out at Walmart is easy with CoinStar’s convenient kiosks. simply arrive with your loose change and follow the prompts on the easy-to-use machine’s screen. Just keep in mind that Coinstar charges a pretty high fee (11.9%) for cash customers.
However, if you are willing to receive a gift card, you can choose this option and avoid paying Coinstar service fees.
As always, you can exchange rolled coins for cash at your bank without paying any fees.