how much does an eye exam cost without insurance?
When you don’t have vision insurance, you may have some concerns about getting an eye exam, specifically the price.
- What Happens When Car Hits You From Behind? | Friedman & Simon
- How do I contest the amount of a car insurance payout?
- 7 Things Investors Look for Before Investing – Accion Opportunity Fund
- JAMA Health Forum – Health Policy, Health Care Reform, Health Affairs | JAMA Health Forum | JAMA Network
- Vital Signs: Hepatitis C Treatment Among Insured Adults — United States, 2019-2020 | MMWR
While you don’t want to ignore the health of your eyes, you also want to stay within your budget when seeking an eye exam. our ophthalmologists have the latest on what to expect regarding fees and charges in 2022.
national cost statistics: how much does an eye exam cost without insurance?
The national average for an eye exam with and without insurance differs significantly.
For people without insurance, the average cost of an eye exam depends on the eye test, location, and the type of ophthalmologist you choose to visit in your local area.
By combining the national fair health and vsp averages, you can expect to pay:
- $171-$200 is the average cost of an eye exam without insurance (first visit)
- $128 for recurring patient visits
- $46 for refractive vision tests
- You can expect to pay a little more on your first visit compared to future visits.
- People in large metropolitan areas (especially those who live on the coast) can expect to pay more for eye care services than people in the interior.
- various tests to determine which size and type of contact lenses are best for you
- check that contact lenses fit correctly
- a contact lens prescription
- a follow-up visit after your appointment to make sure the lenses fit properly
- With over 46 years of optometry experience serving the Jacksonville community, we have the skills and tools to ensure your exam meets your needs.
- We are also locally owned and operated, giving our optometrists the freedom to focus on your specific needs when seeking treatment. We do not answer to any corporation or large company.
- We focus on creating a quality and respectful atmosphere that recognizes each patient as an individual. By taking a respectful approach, we make sure you get the quality of care you expect when you seek treatment for your eyes or have an exam to check your vision.
- Our team has the skills to work with all age groups. We recognize that children and adults have different vision needs and we strive to provide the level of service your family needs to maintain their vision and eye health.
- We offer flexible payment options and have a wide variety of different brands and frames. We also offer contact lenses, including specialty lenses, that make it easy to find the right corrective options for your eyes.
That said, keep in mind that these are averages.
See also : Is Pfizer Stock a Buy Now? | The Motley Fool
Uninsured eye exam fees can start as low as $50.
you’ll find big name brands like walmart and america’s best will offer the cheapest options. we suggest calling several optician/optometric offices near you to find the best eye exam rates for your needs.
other important information to remember:
according to vsp, 80% of initial eye exams are priced at $200 or less. but keep in mind that the cost of a contact lens exam will be higher.
Of course, the average cost of an eye exam may be slightly lower or higher per person depending on the factors listed above.
To check the cost of an uninsured eye exam near you, check out fairhealth.
why is the cost of a contact lens exam higher?
In a nutshell, because a contact lens exam involves additional testing.
A typical contact lens exam will include:
val-uvision offers affordable uninsured eye exams in jacksonville, fl!
While the national average gives you an idea of a fair price for an eye exam, we offer eye exam specials and low-cost rates that make your exam affordable for the whole family. We recognize that you may not have the budget to afford an expensive eye exam. that’s why we offer affordable solutions to help you with your goals.
Because we offer low-cost options and special rates, you can find affordable solutions for the whole family when you are uninsured or unsure about the coverage available from your insurance provider.
When you have insurance, a portion of the costs are covered by your policy and you only pay a set copay rate. when you do not have insurance, you pay the full cost of the exam. People with an insurance policy have different costs depending on their coverage. the national average is usually less expensive because you only pay the copay stated in your policy, which can vary between insurance providers.
why visit our optometry offices in jacksonville?
an optometrist at val-uvision provides the services you expect from the caring professionals you and your family deserve.
Book an appointment with our Jax ophthalmologists today!
When you want an affordable eye exam, you need an appointment with an experienced ophthalmologist. At val-uvision, we allow you to book an appointment online through our website or by phone for your convenience. Keeping up with your eye health starts with regular exams and checkups. At our clinics, we provide the services you need at affordable prices.
For more details on our special pricing options for an eye exam or to schedule an appointment with an optometrist in jacksonville, give us a call today.