Extra Services Fact Sheet
information sheet on additional services
Additional services include upgrades that, for a fee in addition to postage, provide special features beyond mail classes, such as increased security and liability. additional services also include shipping, delivery and receipt confirmation; special handling; and payment options and mail acceptance. additionally, additional services may provide alternatives for both delivery and payment of goods and services.
- How Much Does A 100,000 Life Insurance Policy Cost? – Forbes Advisor
- 7 things You Need to Know About Selling a Term Life Insurance Policy – Lighthouse Life
- Major Medical Insurance: Definition, Coverage & More | eHealth
- Progressive CEO Tricia Griffith on Political Leadership, Flo | Time
- How Much Car Insurance Do I Need? – ValuePenguin
national additional services
The changes implemented in May 2007 to the national additional services are highlighted below:
Reading: How much is insurance at the post office
- all insured household items now carry a barcode label. this includes those items with a value of up to $50. note: unnumbered compensation is no longer offered.
- Insured items valued up to $200 use ps form 3813, Domestic Insured Package Receipt and receive a scan upon delivery, but no signature is collected.
- Insured items valued over $200 use ps form 3813-p, insured mail receipt, receive a scan upon delivery, and a signature is collected.
- Unlike certified mail and registered mail scans, an insurance scan alone will not provide electronic verification that the item was delivered or that a delivery attempt was made.
- prices for insurance coverage changed as follows:
- value up to $50 is $1.65.
- $50.01 to $100 is $2.05.
- $100.01 to $200 is $2.45.
- $200.01 to $300 is $4.60.
- the price for an additional $100 of insurance, valued between $300 and $5,000, is $4.60 plus $0.90 for every $100 or fraction thereof.
- Express Mail Insurance Pricing:
- First $100 of value is still provided. Values over $100 are now priced differently than regular insurance.
- value greater than $100 up to $200 is $0.75.
- $200.01 to $500 is $2.10.
- $500.01 to $5,000 is $2.10 plus $1.35 for every $100 or fraction thereof.
- form ps 3813-p is used for domestic mail only.
- record the amount and rate of insurance on form ps 2976-a, customs declaration and dispatch note — cp 72:
- the secretary must write a “v”, amount insured, rate and special drawing rights (sdr ) conversion in the spaces provided on ps form 2976-a.
- “v” indicates an international requirement to indicate that the item has value.
- gift cards can be insured for their full value only when sent by certified mail. gift cards sent by express mail (including express mail insurance) or other mail with merchandise insurance are protected only up to the maximum award for cash and negotiable items: $15. customers should check the terms of their gift cards, as the issuer can replace them if lost or stolen.
- Online indemnity coverage is limited to $500 for lost, looted, or damaged items. customers wishing to insure items over $500 should be instructed to bring these items to a retail postal facility. Additionally, customers should be advised that insurance purchased online cannot be combined with insurance purchased at a retail postal facility.
- ebay and click-n-ship customers can shop for insurance and file claims online at www.usps.com. Information on filing insurance claims can be found at www.usps.com/insuranceclaims. Note: Only insurance claims purchased online can be filed online. Insurance claims purchased online can also be submitted using Form PS 1000, National Claim, or Inquiry by Certified Mail.
- To file a claim for national insurance purchased at a retail postal facility, customers must complete form ps 1000 (available online and at retail postal facilities) – instructions appear on the form and see the section of the form titled “what you need to file a claim.” For additional information, see DMM 609 or Notice 122, Domestic Compensation Claims: Client Quick Reference Guide.
- Watch out for fraudulent money orders. always make sure the money order amount is equal to or less than the maximum amount ($1,000 domestic/$700 international) and check the security features of the money order, such as the benjamin franklin watermark and the vertical security thread with the word ” usps” repeated . a list of the usa uu. Misplaced, lost or stolen money orders can be found in each issue of the postal newsletter. Post offices and financial institutions can call the money order verification system toll-free at 866-459-7822 to verify if the postal service issued a money order. information on security features and a link to the 299 notice, us. uu. money order reference card (“look before you cash!”), are available at www.usps.com/missingmoneyorders/security.htm.
See also : What is Accident Insurance?: All You Need to Know | eHealth
Note: The following items are prohibited in international express mail shipments to all countries: Coins; bank notes; banknotes, including paper money; securities of any kind payable to bearer; travelers checks; platinum, gold and silver; precious stones; jewelry, including watches; and other valuable items.
Certified Mail service is available for a fee for International First Class Mail and Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope shipping options only. check imm for country specific information and availability.
Note: For certified mail service compensation, regardless of declared value, the maximum amount of compensation payable for loss, damage, or theft is $43.73.
Additional extra services, such as return receipt requested and restricted delivery, are available to select destinations. see imm’s individual country listings for complete information.
delivery confirmation service
Changes were made to rates only. the retail option fee for First Class Mail packages and Parcel Services packages is now $0.75, and the Priority Mail retail option fee is now $0.65. the priority mail electronic option, included with the click-n-ship service, remains free.
signature confirmation service
See also : Here&x27s Why You Should Avoid Whole Life Insurance Like the Plague | The Motley Fool
Changes were made to rates only. the retail option fee for all packages is now $2.10.
extra international services
The changes implemented in May in the international additional services are highlighted below:
Insurance is available for International Merchandise shipments via Express Mail and International Priority Mail. check imm for country specific availability.