Sexually transmitted infections (STIs), also known as sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), are communicable diseases that are spread from person to person through sexual activity, including vaginal, oral, and anal intercourse. standard tests without insurance can range in cost from $108 to $600. typically one std panel will test multiple stds.
With Mira, you can sign up, get tested for STDs the same day, and get your results tomorrow for just $50. Register today and get access to virtual and urgent care visits, lab tests and discounted prescriptions. sign up today.
cost of std testing without insurance
Below, we describe the cost of a standard panel at urgent care centers.
See also : When can I buy ARKX? [Solved]
*these costs are based on averages collected through data in new york city, ny. Most health care facilities and providers offer a package that tests for most STDs.
lab-based std tests
Laboratory STD testing does not require a doctor’s visit and allows you to schedule the test and send the results to a lab.
$89 to $399
a separate fee of less than $10 covers a doctor’s approval of the test.
accepts some insurance.
std tests at home
- chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis c, hiv, syphilis, trichomoniasis & herpes simplex virus type 2
- Simple 2 ($99). This test looks for chlamydia and gonorrhea, the two most common sexually transmitted diseases.
- Basic 3 ($119). This test detects trichomoniasis in addition to chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Standard 5 ($149). This includes the tests in Basic 3, along with HIV and Syphilis tests. this is their most popular std test and uses a finger prick and urine sample.
- complete 10 ($349). this verifies all tests from standard 5, and also includes tests for gardnerella vaginalis, mycoplasma, ureaplasma, and herpes type 1 and 2. this uses finger testing methods from puncture and urine.
- chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis (a, b and c), hiv, herpes type 1 and 2 and syphilis
- safe box ($189). this box includes tests for chlamydia, gonorrhea, trichomoniasis and hiv (1 and 2).
- total box ($369): the company’s most comprehensive test includes tests for every condition in the safe box, plus hepatitis c, herpes type 2, syphilis, mycoplasma genitalium and hpv (a optional add-on for women over 30).
- uber box ($269). This comprehensive 8-panel testing option detects the most common STIs, including hiv (1 & 2), hepatitis c, herpes type 2, syphilis , chlamydia and gonorrhea and trichomoniasis.
- v-box ($189). This at-home vaginal test kit tests for all common causes of abnormal vaginal discharge, including yeast, bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, and gonorrhea.
- Love Box – Couples Kit ($499). This comprehensive 8-panel testing option screens couples for the most common sI’s. has tests for hiv (1 and 2), hepatitis c, herpes type 2, syphilis, chlamydia, gonorrhea and trichomoniasis. includes a vaginal swab, urine collection, and blood tests.
- Integral Standard Panel ($139). This is the company’s most popular standard test. includes blood and urine tests for the 10 most common STDs: hiv type 1 and 2, herpes type 1 and 2, chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis (a, b and c), and syphilis.
- comprehensive std panel with hiv early detection ($258). this includes all tests from the comprehensive std panel and an hiv rna test for early detection of hiv.
- ultimate std panel (with early hiv & trich) ($298). this panel adds a test for trichomoniasis and early detection hiv RNA testing.
- Standard Bacterial Infection Panel ($109). This panel includes tests for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis, and Trichomoniasis.
- Standard Viral Disease Panel ($109). analyzes seven sexually transmitted viral diseases, including hiv types 1 and 2, herpes types 1 and 2, and hepatitis (a, b, and c).
- Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Panel ($99). This urinalysis panel detects the strains of bacteria that cause chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- Healthy Woman Kit ($190). This kit tests for the most common infections in people with a vagina: hiv, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and trichomoniasis.
- Basic Covered Kit ($150). This is a great option for people who have done extensive testing before and just want a checkup. includes tests for hiv, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis.
- Complete Control Kit ($220). This is a complete test for anyone who hasn’t been tested before or hasn’t been tested in over a year. tests for hiv, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and hepatitis c.
- Standard Screening Panel ($199). This tests for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and hiv.
- Standard Extended Screening Panel ($379). Tests for gonorrhea, chlamydia, and common STIs of the genitals, rectum, and throat.
- Standard Pregnancy Panel ($279). This test also detects gonorrhea, chlamydia, and common STIs of the genitals, rectum, and throat, and is recommended for women trying to get pregnant.
- double panel ($129). this panel looks at chlamydia and gonorrhea.
- 10 panel test ($198): the most popular priority std test option for chlamydia, gonorrhea, hepatitis b and c, syphilis, herpes type 1 and 2, hiv 1 (ab and ag) and hiv 2 (ab).
additional cost of std testing
getting a std test will likely incur additional costs on top of the actual std test.