note: this is not financial advice. this is for educational purposes only. Please note that cryptocurrency is a highly volatile asset class; only invest what you can afford to lose.
“how to buy xrp in the usa” It is all the rage on google as investors consider buying the ripple network cryptocurrency coin. however, xrp is not as widely available as it used to be.
Reading: How to buy ripple coin
In light of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) lawsuit against Ripple Labs (the people behind XRP), Coinbase has removed XRP (opens in a new tab) from its cryptocurrency arsenal. as it is now you can’t buy xrp on coinbase but there is a legal workaround that will help you buy xrp.
- how to buy shiba inu on coinbase
- how to buy safemoon
- best laptops for crypto mining in 2022
how to buy xrp
As of this writing, you cannot buy xrp directly from coinbase. Coinbase suspended XRP trading on Jan 19 after the SEC accused Ripple Labs of illegally making over $1.3 billion in profits by offering digital asset securities that were not registered with the SEC.
ripple labs argues that xrp is not a security, so it should be exonerated. As the battle of Ripple Labs vs. sec, some crypto investors are still willing to jump in to buy xrp. if you want to yolo and invest in xrp this is how you can do it.
note: before diving into this tutorial, make sure you download the atomic wallet app and participate.
1. open the atomic wallet app.
2. tap “buy” on the bottom taskbar.
3. under “you send”, enter how much xrp you would like to buy and select your fiat currency.
4. under “you get”, select xrp.
5. tap “continue”. Please note there is a 5% fee.
7. click next.
8. You should receive a verification code sent to your email address. once you enter the code in the popup, your order should be processed.
9. If you don’t see XRP in your wallet right away, don’t worry. it should take a few minutes to appear.
how to buy xrp in new york (and other crypto unfriendly states)
Unfortunately, the third-party provider simplex, which facilitates atomic wallet card purchases, does not support all regions. if this is the case for you, there is a workaround using coinbase (opens in a new tab).
1. log in to your coinbase account (opens in a new tab) and click the buy/sell button located in the top right corner.
2. click the “buy” tab to access the tradable assets dropdown menu.
3. select stella lumens (xlm). this is what you will use to exchange for xrp. xlm is often touted as the best currency to trade due to its low fees.
4. depending on the amount of xrp you want to buy, choose one of the pre-selected amounts ($10, $50, $100, $500, $1000). you can also click “custom” if you want to enter a specific amount. Please note that there will be minor fees throughout this process, so be sure to offset them.
5. then click “buy now”.
how to send xlm to atomic wallet and exchange it for xrp
1. open atomic wallet, type “xlm” in the search bar and tap xlm.
2. tap “receive” and copy the xlm address.
3. open coinbase and click “send/receive” located on the top right corner.
4. paste the xlm address in the “to” section. select “xlm” in the “pay with” section. click “continue”.
5. Wait a few minutes for your xlm to arrive at the atomic wallet. tap the “trade” tab.
6. select “xlm” under “you send” and “xrp” under “you receive”. tap “send all”.
7. tap “trade”.
8. done, you have converted your xlm to xrp.
Again, keep in mind that cryptocurrency is a highly volatile asset class. make sure you take proper risk management.