Trading Hours: When Does The Stock Market Open and Close? | Stock Analysis
The United States Stock Exchange is open Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 4:00 p.m. m. eastern time.
- Better EV Charging Stock: ChargePoint or Blink Charging | The Motley Fool
- Where and how to buy Coupang (CPNG) stock
- Triller IPO: Latest Updates on ILLR Stock
- Stocks Tumble, Then Rebound, After Hot Inflation Report. How Experts Say Investors Should Prepare for the Volatility Ahead
- How to Buy Canadian Stocks • [5 Easy Steps] • Benzinga
Many stocks can also be bought and sold in after hours trading. pre-market trading is from 4:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 9:30 a.m. m., while after-hours trading is 4:00 p.m. m. at 20:00
Reading: What time does the stock market close central time
stock trading hours are usually quoted in eastern time because that is the time zone of new york, where wall street is.
in other us time zones. In the US, the stock market opens at 8:30 a.m. m. Central time, 7:30 a.m. m. Mountain Time and 6:30 a.m. m. pacific time.
Here is an overview of stock market opening hours in different US time zones. uu.:
stock market holidays in 2022
on stock market holidays, major US stock exchanges (nyse and nasdaq) are closed for the entire day.
These are all the stock market holidays expected in 2022:
- martin luther king, jr. Day: January 17 (Monday)
- Presidents’ Day: February 21 (Monday)
- Good Friday: April 15 (Friday)
- commemorative day: May 30 (Monday)
- nineteenth national independence day: June 20 (Monday — observed)*
- Independence Day: July 4 (Monday)
- Day of the work: September 5 (Monday)
- thanksgiving: November 24 (Thursday)
- thanksgiving Christmas: December 26 (Monday — observed)*
See also : When do Stock Markets Open/Close? ( Crypto Trading Hours) – Public.com
In addition, the market will close at 1:00 p.m. est on Black Friday (November 25).
these holidays are identical for both the nyse and the nasdaq. however, bond markets may have different holidays and trading hours than stock exchanges.
*Juneteenth and Christmas Day fall on a Sunday, so they are celebrated the following Monday.
opening hours of stock markets around the world
Stock markets outside the US have their own opening hours, in their own local times.
They are all open Monday through Friday, but stock exchanges outside of the US may have completely different holidays.
- united states: major stock exchanges in the united states (nyse and nasdaq) are open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 4:00 p.m. m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday.
- Canada: The Toronto Stock Exchange is also open from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 4:00 p.m. m. local time, which is the same as eastern time.
- china: the shanghai stock exchange opens at 9:00 a.m. m. local time and closes at 3:00 p.m. m. It closes between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. for lunch.
- hong kong: the hong kong stock exchange opens at 9:00 am. m. and closes at 4:00 p.m. m. It is closed for lunch from 12:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 1:00 p.m. m.
- japan: the tokyo stock exchange is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 3:00 p.m. m. but it closes for lunch between 11:30 and 12:30 am. m. local time.
- india: the mumbai stock exchange is open between 9:15 a.m. and 5 p.m. m. and 3:30 p.m. m. local time. no lunch break.
- united kingdom: the london stock exchange is open from 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. m. to 4:30 p.m. m. local time (gmt).
- germany: the stock exchange in frankfurt (börse) opens at 8:00 am. m. and closes at 8:00 p.m. m. local time.
- france: euronext paris opens at 9:00 am. m. and closes at 5:30 p.m. m. local time.
- switzerland: the swiss stock market opens at 9:00 am. m. and closes at 5:30 p.m. m. local time.
- australia: the Australian stock market opens at 10:00 am. m. and closes at 4:00 p.m. m. local time.
futures trading hours
Types of securities called futures contracts can be traded almost 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday. For example, S&P500 Index futures (called e-mini S&P 500 futures) can be traded from 6:00 p.m. on Sunday at 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
See also : Redeem Certificate of Birth
However, there is a pause in e-mini futures trading between 4:15 p.m. m. and 4:30 p.m. each day.
Other types of futures contracts may have different trading hours, such as commodity and currency futures.
options trading hours
Most option contracts on US stock exchanges can only be traded between 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. m. and 4:00 p.m. m. est, same as normal stock trading hours.
Most cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin (btc) and ethereum (eth), are traded 24 hours a day, all year round.
the end result
It is important to know when the market opens and closes so you know when to place your trades and check your positions.
If you submit an order outside of normal stock market hours, the order may not be filled until the market opens.
Some brokers allow you to trade during extended hours, but this is not recommended for beginners. That’s because there is less liquidity right now and your order may not be filled at a good price.
This page was last updated on January 1, 2022.