Congratulations on finally owning the car of your dreams, a Nissan 370Z! Now, to protect your precious investment and your wallet, it’s crucial to secure insurance for your purchase as soon as possible. However, keep in mind that the cost of 370Z insurance can vary depending on your provider, age, and other factors.
How Much Does Car Insurance for a 370Z Cost?
According to The Zebra, insuring a Nissan 370Z on average costs around $187 per month. That’s $58 more than the typical insurance costs for an average vehicle. But remember, the 370Z is not your average car. It’s a high-performance sports car, which insurance companies consider a higher risk to cover.
What Types of Insurance Coverage Do You Need for a 370Z?
Trust Choice recommends purchasing the following types of coverage for your 370Z:
Bodily Injury Liability
Depending on your location, state laws may require you to have a minimum type of bodily injury liability coverage. This coverage pays for the medical costs of the other driver if you are at fault in an accident.
Property Damage Liability
Most states also require property damage liability coverage. It pays for the repairs of the other driver’s vehicle if you are responsible for an accident, and it can also cover damages to objects like fences and utility poles.
Medical Payments/Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
In certain states, PIP is optional. This coverage pays for medical care for you and your passengers, regardless of who is at fault in an accident.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage
Even in states that mandate minimum liability coverage, some drivers take their chances and drive without insurance. Uninsured motorist coverage protects you in case you’re in an accident where the other driver is at fault but lacks insurance.
While collision coverage is not required by any state, your lender or lease company may insist on adding it to your policy. Collision coverage pays for repairs to your 370Z if you’re involved in an accident with another vehicle.
This type of coverage is another requirement from loan companies but not from state laws. Comprehensive coverage pays for necessary repairs if your 370Z sustains damage due to theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
By adding glass coverage to your policy, you won’t have to pay out of pocket for windshield damages.
If you’re still making payments or leasing your 370Z, you may already have gap coverage. This insurance type helps drivers pay for their vehicle if an accident results in a total loss.
Factors Affecting 370Z Insurance Costs
The cost of insurance for your 370Z can vary depending on your personal profile. One significant factor influencing insurance rates is the age of the driver. Teen drivers, for instance, can expect higher insurance costs due to their limited driving experience. Autoinsurance.org provides the following insurance rates for a 370Z based on the driver’s age:
- 16 to 19 years old: $6,126 per year
- 20 to 29 years old: $3,799 per year
- 30 to 39 years old: $1,750 per year
- 40 to 49 years old: $1,676 per year
- 50 to 59 years old: $1,529 per year
- 60 to 69 years old: $1,497 per year
Where you reside can also affect your 370Z insurance rates. Autoinsurance.org gathered quotes for major cities in the United States. Here’s the average annual insurance cost for 370Z owners in selected cities:
- Los Angeles, California: $2,866
- New York, New York: $2,648
- Houston, Texas: $2,626
- Jacksonville, Florida: $2,430
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $2,246
- Chicago, Illinois: $2,212
- Phoenix, Arizona: $1,944
- Seattle, Washington: $1,626
- Indianapolis, Indiana: $1,425
- Columbus, Ohio: $1,391
Affordable Insurance Options for 370Z Owners
Finding the best price for auto insurance requires shopping around for quotes. The Zebra recommends the following providers as the most affordable options for insuring your 370Z:
- Ally: $848 per year
- Tennessee Farmers: $1,389 per year
- Vermont Mutual: $1,404 per year
- Nationwide: $1,490 per year
- Erie: $1,555 per year
- Country: $1,742 per year
- Southern Farm Bureau: $1,761 per year
- United States: $1,800 per year
- State Farm: $1,829 per year
- The General: $1,915 per year
- 21st Century: $1,966 per year
- Acuity: $1,973 per year
Auto Insurance Discounts for 370Z Owners
Besides finding the most affordable insurance options, you can also save money on your 370Z insurance through various discounts. Insurance.com highlights the most common discounts offered by providers:
- Safe Driver Discount: Many insurance providers offer a discount if you maintain an accident-free record over a specific period. Some companies may even give personalized discounts through telematics programs or smartphone apps that monitor your driving habits.
- Safety Feature Discount: Your 370Z comes equipped with multiple safety features that may qualify you for a discount from your carrier. These features include electronic stability control, side-impact beams, and front-row curtain airbags.
- Bundle Discount: If you hold both your auto insurance and homeowners’ policy with the same company, or if you insure all the vehicles in your household with one provider, you can take advantage of significant savings.
- Military Discount: Many insurance companies offer discounts to active military personnel and military veterans.
- Good Student Discount: If you have a teen driver covered by your policy, you may be eligible for a discount if they maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Some companies extend this discount to college students under the age of 25.
Additionally, you can save money on your 370Z insurance by avoiding petty accident claims, adjusting your deductibles with comprehensive coverage, and dropping unnecessary coverage once you pay off your 370Z.
Now that you have a better idea of the costs associated with insuring your 370Z, you can make an informed decision about the type of coverage you need. If you require additional information, resources, or guidance on auto insurance, don’t hesitate to explore further.
- Cost of Insurance Nissan 370Z | The Zebra
- Insuring Your Nissan 370Z | Trust Choice
- What Is the Best Car Insurance for a Nissan 370Z? | Autoinsurance.org
- Auto Insurance Discounts to Ask for: Complete Guide for 2021 | Insurance.com
- Nissan 370Z Car Insurance [Rates + Coverage Guide] | Buy Auto Insurance
- Nissan 370Z 2020 | Car and Driver
- Nissan 370Z Features and Specifications | Car and Driver